Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sold some of my favorites....

If you love something...set it free. If it comes back, it was meant to be. I say this because I sold two of my favorite records during this sale. "Spaced Out" by Enoch Light and "Headless Heroes of the Apocalypse" by Eugene McDaniels. I plan on writing more about these two records. They are full of samples from Tribe Called Quest...Jdilla...and the Beatnuts.

I let them go for a "song and a smile". I was glad that others get to enjoy them; they sat in a dusty box for years. I especially love the song "Headless Heroes". Just listen to the words for a moment and think about today's politics. It is a trip that this record was written and recorded back in the early 1970's.

The Enoch Light records are often "slept on" but have really great recording quality and some cool licks. Check the classic Beatnut's sample on "A little fugue for you and me".

Enjoy.....







No comments:

Post a Comment